What Languages Do You Know?

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

What Languages Do You Know?

Post by BlackBulletIV »

Another markup/programming language related question. This includes markup languages like HTML or something like CSS. Don't mention the ones that you took a 15 minute tutorial on or something, just mention the ones you have some experience in or have been using for a while.

There may be more (I have trouble remembering sometimes), but here's the list for me in order of when I learned them (as far as I can remember):
HTML, CSS, ActionScript, PHP, SQL, JavaScript, Java (haven't done all that much with it), Python, C++, and Lua. (I also started on Ruby yesterday, but I won't include it in the actual list)
TechnoCat
Inner party member

Re: What Languages Do You Know?

Post by TechnoCat »

In order from most proficient to least.
C, Java, Lua, Python, (X)HTML, CSS, C++, Javascript, JQuery, x86, SPARC, PHP, C#
Last edited by TechnoCat on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nevon
Commander of the Circuloids

Post by nevon »

Python, Lua, PHP, Bash, HTML, CSS, Java, SQL, C#.

I think that's it. I've dabbled in a few more, but those are the only ones I have any real experience with.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

If only I remembered..
I remember C, C++ and Lua... oh yeah HTML, duh.. I honestly don't remember. One could argue it's too much, I guess.
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

Nice lists there guys.
TechnoCat wrote:JQuery
By the way, jQuery's a JavaScript framework/library.
bartbes wrote:If only I remembered..
I remember C, C++ and Lua... oh yeah HTML, duh.. I honestly don't remember. One could argue it's too much, I guess.
Ha ha, I thought you would have trouble remembering. Probably the fact that you know too much has made you forget. :ultrahappy: You did mention Vala on the favorite programming languages thread.
giniu
Party member

Post by giniu »

Ah, why not, I will add myself here too :P Lets say I put it here in order I learned them

Basic 2.0, Assembly of 6502, Turbo Pascal 7, ActionScript 1, LaTeX, C, Bash, Erlang, C++, Ocaml, plain TeX, Lua, Haskell, Python, Docbook XML, Markdown (pandoc extensions)

There are also languages that are used in mathematical/statistical packages, but I hardly see them as programming languages (Matlab, Maple, Mathematica, SAS/4GL, R/SPlus, Visual Basic) - though I don't use them outside of packages they are used in.

Hmm... I also used Eiffel, but it was only few months - lack of good libraries killed the fun coming from it. I looked at D, but it wasn't ringing the bell, so I guess that's all.
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

Mate, you've got a nice list there. Oh yeah I forgot about those simple markup languages for myself, XML and Markdown.

EDIT: I'm not really sure how you even remember the fact that you know all that. :ultrahappy:
Last edited by BlackBulletIV on Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nevon

Post by nevon »

Speaking of XML, I'll just leave this here...
nRIoh.png
nRIoh.png (13.19 KiB) Viewed 413 times
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

He he he. Was that by mistake, or did the teacher actually mean that?
nevon

Post by nevon »

BlackBulletIV wrote:He he he. Was that by mistake, or did the teacher actually mean that?
I'm not sure. I think it's just because his English sucks. He also translated "salary" as "försäljning" (sales), so I'm hoping it's just a language problem, and not that he's incompetent.