Groverburger's 3D Engine (g3d) v1.5.2 Release

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
PGUp
Party member

Re: Groverburger's Super Simple 3D Engine - v1.2

Post by PGUp »

world position to screen position please?
-
PGUp
Party member

Post by PGUp »

I added a simple obj file loader, credits to: https://github.com/karai17/lua-obj
loader.zip
(341.23 KiB) Downloaded 797 times
-
groverburger
Prole

Post by groverburger »

PGUp wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:52 am world position to screen position please?
Computed in the last line of the vertex shader:

Code: Select all

return view * model_matrix * vertex_position;
You could use that and do the matrix math to find the screen position.
PGUp wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:26 pm I added a simple obj file loader, credits to: https://github.com/karai17/lua-obj
loader.zip
This is great! I'll credit you and use it in the official repo if you don't mind. :)
Lafolie
Inner party member

Post by Lafolie »

Super cool. I'm doing research for a metroidvania project at the moment and this would be really useful. Are there any plans to have an orthographic viewport? I would like to support simple low-poly objects such as the doors, books, and the background clock tower featured in Symphony of the Night, and to get that pixel-perfect PSX feel orthographic seems to be the way to go.
Do you recognise when the world won't stop for you? Or when the days don't care what you've got to do? When the weight's too tough to lift up, what do you? Don't let them choose for you, that's on you.
yetneverdone
Party member

Post by yetneverdone »

How does one make 3D objects without typing those vertices for objects?
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

yetneverdone wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:35 am How does one make 3D objects without typing those vertices for objects?
You don't :P I mean, you could write a function for simpler shapes, and/or use a model loader for loading in more complex models (which are also made up of tons of vertices anyway).

Edit: lua-obj i'm guessing is an OBJ format loader, and i do recall there being an IQM format loader as well... yep, here: https://github.com/excessive/iqm-exm
Last edited by zorg on Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
yetneverdone
Party member

Post by yetneverdone »

zorg wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:06 am
yetneverdone wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:35 am How does one make 3D objects without typing those vertices for objects?
You don't :P I mean, you could write a function for simpler shapes, and/or use a model loader for loading in more complex models (which are also made up of tons of vertices anyway).
I see.

Above comment uses lua-obj, I'll wait for ss3d tp to include that
groverburger
Prole

Re: Groverburger's Super Simple 3D Engine - v1.3

Post by groverburger »

New version on Github, version 1.3. Obj import added.
Fuzzlix
Citizen

Post by Fuzzlix »

Hi.
I forked your repo and made some changes without changing any logic. Mainly its about avoiding globals and removing double calculations. I made a pull request for you. You may also want to look into my branch "folder-test". I moved engine and reader into a engine subfolder. This would make it easier to add more addons to your engine and keeps things sorted in one place.
YoungNeer
Party member

Post by YoungNeer »

But how do you rotate the camera? camera.angle doesn't seem to help. Would I have to combine it with camera.pos to get a turn-table animation!
My Github- your contribution is highly appreciated