Gspöt - retained GUI lib

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
SiENcE
Party member

Re: Gspöt - retained GUI lib

Post by SiENcE »

DeltaF1 wrote:Will you be putting your changes on your fork, or do you want to join the fork that pgimeno started?
I will push the into my fork. But in a different branch.
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

Updated to support 0.10 and 0.9 simultaneously.

https://github.com/pgimeno/Gspot

The base main.lua requires a few minor adaptations, to keep cross-version compatibility without clobbering the library much:

https://github.com/pgimeno/Gspot/wiki/Implementation

I'm not convinced that this is the best way to go around it, though. But for existing projects I expect it to be the easiest way to migrate.
bobbyjones
Party member

Post by bobbyjones »

pgimeno I didn't take a look at the source but instead of doing that hack why not just use an "or"?
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

bobbyjones wrote:pgimeno I didn't take a look at the source but instead of doing that hack why not just use an "or"?
Where?
bobbyjones
Party member

Post by bobbyjones »

For the mousepressed callback
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

Oh, you must mean something like

Code: Select all

if button == 'l' or button == 1 then...
Yeah, I could have done that. I thought that it would be best to keep changes to a minimum inside Gspot.lua. I thought of the several possible courses of action, and since there was also the mouse wheel issue, and I am under some pressure for other reasons, I didn't consider that possibility and went for a straight "make-0.10-behave-as-0.9" one.

But you're right, it's little burden anyway, so I'll do that soon. Thanks for the suggestion.
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

Updated to make life easier to 0.10.0 users. Added a new callback (necessary only in 0.10.0): Gspot.mousewheel(x, y) takes the same parameters as input that love.wheelmoved(x, y) provides. Updated docs accordingly.

Thanks for the suggestion, bobbyjones. I should not try to make these updates when under time pressure.
Kasperelo
Party member

Post by Kasperelo »

i can see why so many look at löve and then decide not to use it, these library names are pretty childish..
Jack5500
Party member

Post by Jack5500 »

Kasperelo wrote:i can see why so many look at löve and then decide not to use it, these library names are pretty childish..
Because the library names are definitly a point to consider when choosing a framework...
The lack of a proper standard gui might be a more serious argument.
NightKawata
Party member

Post by NightKawata »

Jack5500 wrote:
Kasperelo wrote:i can see why so many look at löve and then decide not to use it, these library names are pretty childish..
Because the library names are definitly a point to consider when choosing a framework...
The lack of a proper standard gui might be a more serious argument.
welcome to 2015 everybody's a sensitive fuck and the slightest thing makes people piss their pants and scream

But yeah, good lord. Not another entry into the library name war. We already had Library War I. Let's not do Library War II.
But yeah, LOVE doesn't have the most options in terms of UI, and generally the third-party stuff's underdeveloped, outdated, you name it, yo.
Either way, Gspöt is moderately interesting!

And if someone wants to get pissy about the lib names, it's really gotta stop. People going nazi over it keeps starting to pop up here, and I'm done entering my thoughts on it. The Internet is the deep end of the swimming pool, and if you can't handle it, please, please, stay in the kiddie pool. Or Facebook. (or are they one and the same)

But indeed, rock on! Good on ya for keeping it updated.
inb4 someone reports me or someone gives me a forum warning for being overly abrasive
and if you're gonna report me, just ask nicely in PM and I'll remove the post, warning me is a sign someone's out for me
"I view Python for game usage about the same as going fishing with a stick of dynamite. It will do the job but it's big, noisy, you'll probably get soaking wet and you've still got to get the damn fish out of the water." -taylor