Greetings

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
shuuki
Prole

Greetings

Post by shuuki »

Greetings LÖVE community!

Thought I'd introduce myself as I'll probably be around here a lot in the next couple months and thought it'd only be polite. I'm just picking up this whole game development thing, but after ages of being a hardcore gamer and nursing pipe dreams for my own games I thought it was time to get on producing something. Since I'm an artist by training learning some of the mathematical nuances is taking me a while, but already your lovely toolkit has let me get some great results after only a couple days of fiddling. Looking forward to seeing what's possible with further study and endlessly referring to the Wiki.

At present I'm experimenting with a top-down shmup concept based on a board game I designed a while ago (itself based on old space sims like Independence War and X-WIng), but I'm also hoping to get skilled enough to produce something more open-ended like a sandbox action game with an economic component. Nothing too lofty for now, but I'm enjoying getting my hands dirty with Lua instead of going for one of the more hands-off toolkits getting all the press these days. Kudos on being so licensing friendly and platform-independent so whatever feeble attempts I make can reach the largest audience. Of all the frameworks I looked at, this seemed the friendliest. The new website definitely sucked me in.
bartbes
Sex machine

Re: Greetings

Post by bartbes »

Welcome aboard, thanks for flying LÖVE airlines, and I hope you enjoy your flight.
nevon
Commander of the Circuloids

Re: Greetings

Post by nevon »

Be sure to drop by the IRC channel if you ever need any help or input on your work. Lots of fruitful collaborations have started there, and we're all mostly friendly (some overly so ^^)