Camera movement to follow player problems

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
TheSquareRootOf3
Prole

Camera movement to follow player problems

Post by TheSquareRootOf3 »

hey guys, im new to this whole thing and my camera movement is a little messed up, mostly because i dont know how to use it, i want it to follow the player around once he reaches the middle of the screen ( it does what i want when he moves right, but it doesnt work when he walks up, down or left. )

i know its probably a little confusing to figure out what the problem is, but its really clear once you play the game, i want all directions to work like the camera does when moving right
Attachments
main.lua
(1.22 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
camera.lua
(822 Bytes) Downloaded 114 times
Windwaker.love
(992.49 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
jjmafiae
Party member

Re: Camera movement to follow player problems

Post by jjmafiae »

TheSquareRootOf3 wrote:hey guys, im new to this whole thing and my camera movement is a little messed up, mostly because i dont know how to use it, i want it to follow the player around once he reaches the middle of the screen ( it does what i want when he moves right, but it doesnt work when he walks up, down or left. )

i know its probably a little confusing to figure out what the problem is, but its really clear once you play the game, i want all directions to work like the camera does when moving right
please, do not put this in General! put it in support and development!
TheSquareRootOf3
Prole

Post by TheSquareRootOf3 »

crap sorry dude.. im new, should i just keep it in mind for next time? or should i delete this thread or something ?

**edit
i started a new one in the proper place.. ahah, so you can delete this or whatever if you want.
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

TheSquareRootOf3 wrote:crap sorry dude.. im new, should i just keep it in mind for next time? or should i delete this thread or something ?

**edit
i started a new one in the proper place.. ahah, so you can delete this or whatever if you want.
im not going to delete it because im not a mod, but i help as much as i can on this forum i love the community after all :ultraglee: