Official "A Whiff of Steam", the LövelyRPG project topic

The LövelyRPG project, a community initiative aiming to create an open source role playing game.

Moderator: Lövely RPG Community

giniu
Party member

Re: Official "A Whiff of Steam", the LövelyRPG project topic

Post by giniu »

Yeah, bue even if it is possible we can do it anytime and we would need a good name. Anyone have idea how we could name it? Because all other stuff (twitter account, google account, codaset account) was created before we named the game and certain limitation of codaset - no way to create unassigned tickets, i.e. tickets had to be assigned to someone - we created virtual user named lovelyrpgcommunity, to select the community user for tickets that can be taken by someone - and all other account followed same naming pattern. And it remained like that till now - though the twitter account have url of only "lovelyrpg" because of character limit. Maybe we rename it to "lovelyrpg" only?
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Website is live. Only an example, but it shows everything is working.
giniu wrote:Maybe we rename it to "lovelyrpg" only?
If we wish to do this, we need to act quickly. The longer we stick to a name, the harder it will be to change. Perhaps this can be decided by another poll, but I think this needs to be decided by a BDFL, for swiftness. I guess that would be you, giniu.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
giniu
Party member

Post by giniu »

ok, so let's change the name of organization for shorter urls. writing lovelyrpgcommunity is twice as long as lovelyrpg. We will only stick to google account name (to not break buzz watched by people, etc). I will change the name and adjust docs.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

giniu wrote:never mind, we cannot change url or organization, only the display name so it's not worth it :P
Aw, too bad. I think I confused it with the names of repositories (which you can rename).
giniu
Party member

Post by giniu »

Robin wrote:Aw, too bad. I think I confused it with the names of repositories (which you can rename).
yeah, for repositories it is possible. But who knows - maybe in future they enable it then we will think about it again :)

For now, lets assume, that interested people will follow/watch the repository or bookmark it in browser :P
thelinx
The Strongest

Post by thelinx »

According to GitHub, they are flexible about stuff. Contact them and see if you can work something out.
giniu
Party member

Post by giniu »

I just decided to create "idea bucket". It is label in Issues on github. If you have idea you think development team should consider, write it down in new issue and assign "idea bucket" label to it. Developers will look into idea bucket and see if it fits current vision, if not - discussion will be started about how to adjust the idea to fit in. If multiple ideas will be present for same thing and they cannot be mixed, we will make poll as usually to pick one that will go in.

So if you have ideas about skills, graphics, story, gameplay, sound, whatever - come in and let us know! We do not promise we will use all ideas though, but no single idea will be rejected without a reason and prior discussion about how author can improve it.

Remember to make ticket and apply "idea bucket" label (the orange one). Of course you need to have github account, but it's free and very easy to get. You don't have to be developer or included in organization to create tickets so it sounds perfect for this use :)

--edit:
According to GitHub, they are flexible about stuff. Contact them and see if you can work something out.
will do :) - actually I asked to rename it for us (seen others do it) so DO NOT PUSH until we know if and when it will be renamed. Repo rename will be announced here so stay tuned!
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Could I please get access to the Wave? It would be a lot easier to do webmastering if I knew more about what's going on at the moment.
giniu
Party member

Post by giniu »

Robin wrote:Could I please get access to the Wave? It would be a lot easier to do webmastering if I knew more about what's going on at the moment.
well, we never had single meeting, because there was to few people. Main was just efficient enough - mail or PM. Anyway if you want, just send e-mail from gmail account you want to wave with to project email (lovelyrpgcommunity at gmail.com) and I will add you to contact list - I add all people from contact list to all waves so you will be automatically added there.