Löve Frames - A GUI Library

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
tio
Citizen

Re: Löve Frames - A GUI Library

Post by tio »

Is there a way to create a frame that will appear on any selected state?

Additionally, if I set a frame to be modal, but its state is not the active one, it is still modal, even if the frame doesn't show on screen. Is this right?
Nikolai Resokav
Party member

Post by Nikolai Resokav »

tio wrote:Is there a way to create a frame that will appear on any selected state?

Additionally, if I set a frame to be modal, but its state is not the active one, it is still modal, even if the frame doesn't show on screen. Is this right?
There is not currently a way to display an object across all states, but that would be easy to implement. I'm not sure what to make of the modal issue though, as this is something I didn't really anticipate when implementing the state system. Frame objects certainly don't need to be in modal mode when they are in an inactive state, so I guess it would be best to remove modal mode from frames when switching between states. I'm not really sure though, so I'll need to do some testing.
ixjf
Prole

Post by ixjf »

Something I haven't understood yet is - what is that so-called "static position" all around objects' code? What does it mean?
I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow in the knee.
Nikolai Resokav
Party member

ixjf wrote:Something I haven't understood yet is - what is that so-called "static position" all around objects' code? What does it mean?
Static x and y are the object's position relative to its parent's position.
Ford_Prefect
Prole

Post by Ford_Prefect »

Is there somewhere a documentation on the state feature? All I can find about it on the website is one paragraph in "Getting Started" and two methods for the base object :\
Nikolai Resokav
Party member

Ford_Prefect wrote:Is there somewhere a documentation on the state feature? All I can find about it on the website is one paragraph in "Getting Started" and two methods for the base object :\
Thats the only documentation for the state system at the moment. If you need more information or help with something specific you can always post a question here or send me an email.
Ford_Prefect
Prole

Post by Ford_Prefect »

Nikolai Resokav wrote:
Ford_Prefect wrote:Is there somewhere a documentation on the state feature? All I can find about it on the website is one paragraph in "Getting Started" and two methods for the base object :\
Thats the only documentation for the state system at the moment. If you need more information or help with something specific you can always post a question here or send me an email.
Thanks! I think I figured out the most important parts by myself already. I will come back to you when I have a question.
DarthGrover
Prole

Re: Löve Frames - change font size?

Post by DarthGrover »

How do I change font size for a text object in love frames?
Nikolai Resokav
Party member

Re: Löve Frames - change font size?

DarthGrover wrote:How do I change font size for a text object in love frames?
You can create a font with a custom size using the newFont function: http://www.love2d.org/wiki/love.graphics.newFont
ixjf
Prole

Post by ixjf »

Nikolai Resokav wrote:
ixjf wrote:Something I haven't understood yet is - what is that so-called "static position" all around objects' code? What does it mean?
Static x and y are the object's position relative to its parent's position.
Thanks! That makes perfect sense now, don't know how I couldn't figure it out myself :)
I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow in the knee.