luasteam - SteamWorks API Integration

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
groverburger
Prole

Re: luasteam - SteamWorks API Integration

Post by groverburger »

pauljessup wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:57 pm using on a Mac, and I'm having an issue making a .love. Whenever I just drag and drop and run it in love by itself, it finds. the .so just fine (in the same directory as my .lua source files). But when I zip up and archive into a .love file, it can no longer find the .so. Not sure how to fix it, it says it's looking in the lua path files for it, but still not finding it. Yet it works fine if I just run the source through the Lua app.
I would also like to know the answer to this - I'm running into the same issue. I think the problem is more in how love2d is handling files in fused mode vs non-fused mode, but still I would like to know how others solved this problem.

For what it's worth, I found out through some trial and error that having .so files in the saves folder works. However, this would then require an install script to set up this dependency before the game is initially launched which is not ideal.

TLDR: if somone knows and could explain a way to bundle .so and .dylib files in the fused mode love2d game app for distribution on Steam, it would be greatly appreciated.
ivan
Party member

Post by ivan »

You could try my library which is FFI-based, using only the binaries provided by Valve:
https://love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=87917
pauljessup
Party member

Post by pauljessup »

Tried it, and had other issues.
zorfmorf
Prole

Post by zorfmorf »

Hello! I've gone through the trouble and implemented most of the Steam Networking interfaces. It works fine on Windows and Linux as far as I can tell, but I'm looking for any people interested in testing it out before I make a merge request with the maintainer.

https://github.com/zorfmorf/luasteam

I also added documentation for everything including examples, though you will have to build the library and documentation by yourself as per the instructions.

High points
  • Encrypted, fast networking over UDP. Reliable or unreliable, connection oriented. The library does all the heavy lifting for you.
  • Connect diretly to other steam users (2P2) without worrying about any ports, NAT punching or anything
  • Standalone server support without having to run steam in the background
zorfmorf
Prole

Post by zorfmorf »

I've opened a PR and it's finished as far as I'm concerned.

Still looking for feedback from anybody willing to try it out.

https://github.com/uspgamedev/luasteam/pull/27