sfxr.lua - Generate sounds dynamically at runtime

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
murks
Party member

Re: sfxr.lua - Generate sounds dynamically at runtime

Post by murks »

Too bad about the broken "demo" program as it would be really useful for creating sounds and the code that creates it. I got it to work with löve 0.9, a pre löve 0.10 version of frames and a few simple edits, but it still crashes when I hit any of the "randomize" buttons.
It is useable, but it would be so much better to have a version that works properly without hassle.
hoistbypetard
Prole

Post by hoistbypetard »

Sorry if it's bad form to resurrect this thread. If so, let me know and I will start a new one.

I was excited to find this because I wanted similar functionality in a project I'm working on. So I spent some time over the past couple of nights getting it to work nicely with 11.3. After building the original (C/SDL) sfxr tool on Linux, I decided that it would be easier to fix this up than to generate builds of the original one for my collaborators to use. It was!
screenshot of the demo running on windows 10.
screenshot of the demo running on windows 10.
demo_screenshot.png (46.62 KiB) Viewed 8956 times
I used @linux-man's fork of LoveFrames with 11.x support and have posted a PR for @nucular's sfxr.lua repository here. I hope that will get merged in some form. If anyone wants to kick the tires in the meantime or would just find this as useful as I have, I've attached a .love archive to this post.
Attachments
sfxr_demo.love
An archive of the demo as submitted in my PR
(608.21 KiB) Downloaded 307 times
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

Nah, this i think is one of the legit cases where bumping old threads is fine, since it's on-topic AND you basically worked to do some compatibility edits on the old project to get it working again. :3
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.