LICENSE YOUR WORK!

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
qubodup
Inner party member

Re: LICENSE YOUR WORK!

Post by qubodup »

Did I say soon?
When you publish a LÖVE game or library, somebody might like it so much that she will want to mirror a copy, or even try to get it included in his favorite operating system distribution. However, because of copyright law, it is not allowed to re-distribute a copy unless you explicitly allow it! We ask you to always provide license information of the code and data you share here.

If want to permit use, modification and redistribution with minimal terms, we recommend to use the zlib license (also used by LÖVE). To apply it, include this file in your release (don't forget to insert year and your name!) and include following lines (if applicable) in a readme text file in your release.
All source code is released under terms of the zlib license, as written in the file zlib_license.txt

All media (image files, audio files etc.) is released under terms of the zlib license, as written in the file zlib_license.txt
If you don't want to give any permissions, please write "not rights granted" to indicate it.

If you use code or content that you did not create yourself, provide information on the original copyright holder and license.
Hmwell how does that sound?

I don't like my suggestion on how to indicate that you don't want to give any special permissions.
Attachments
zlib_license.txt
zlib license template
(877 Bytes) Downloaded 252 times
lg.newImage("cat.png") -- made possible by lg = love.graphics
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)