Actual resolution

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
jefolo
Prole

Actual resolution

Post by jefolo »

Hello,
today I noticed something strange on resolution.
I'm doing a game with the following parameter set in conf.lua

Code: Select all

t.window.width = 360                -- The window width (number): 360
    t.window.height = 640               -- The window height (number): 640
    t.window.borderless = true         -- Remove all border visuals from the window (boolean)
    t.window.resizable = false          -- Let the window be user-resizable (boolean)
    t.window.minwidth = 1               -- Minimum window width if the window is resizable (number)
    t.window.minheight = 1              -- Minimum window height if the window is resizable (number)
    t.window.fullscreen = false         -- Enable fullscreen (boolean)
    t.window.fullscreentype = "exclusive" -- Choose between "desktop" fullscreen or "exclusive" fullscreen mode (string)
I took a screenshot of the game (i'm running on win 10 and my display resolution is 1920x1080 and I measured the game dimension on the screenshot and it is 540x960.

How does it possible?

Thank you for your help
jefolo
Prole

Re: Actual resolution

Post by jefolo »

Nevermind my stupid question: i noticed I had an option in window to scale up the appllication's dimensions.

:-)
darkfrei
Party member

Post by darkfrei »

Windows global GUI scale is 125-150%.
https://love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=90052
slime wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:34 am If you want to make Windows not apply its own DPI scaling to love, there are some DPI scaling options provided by Microsoft in the Compatibility section of the exe Properties menu available if you right click an exe. If you turn Windows' automatic DPI scaling off you still won't be able to get the real DPI scale for applying correct scaling (for positioning and sizing) yourself in code though.
:awesome: in Lua we Löve
:awesome: Platformer Guide
:awesome: freebies
jefolo
Prole

Post by jefolo »

darkfrei wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:00 pm Windows global GUI scale is 125-150%.
https://love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=90052
slime wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:34 am If you want to make Windows not apply its own DPI scaling to love, there are some DPI scaling options provided by Microsoft in the Compatibility section of the exe Properties menu available if you right click an exe. If you turn Windows' automatic DPI scaling off you still won't be able to get the real DPI scale for applying correct scaling (for positioning and sizing) yourself in code though.
Thank you for your suggestion!
Now I have the system as usual, but Love in the correct size.