Hogging Resources / Windows Build / w/ Slab/Suit/Full Screen

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
ThreeFlags
Prole

Hogging Resources / Windows Build / w/ Slab/Suit/Full Screen

Post by ThreeFlags »

Hi,

I wonder if someone could point me in the right direction. I am currently beta testing a project that appears to be working well on Macintosh but the Windows build is hogging resources.

There are a couple of differences between this project and the others I've done -- (i) first, I'm using the Slab GUI (which is awesome); (ii) second, I've enabled full-screen mode (which is important for this particular project & different than what I've done before). I'm also using the SUIT GUI for another piece of the project. (I've used it successfully in the past -- it works well for the type of projects I usually work on.)

I have a beta tester run it on his Win 7 machine and it consumes resources like crazy, heating up his processor. All he does is boot it up. Similarly, I can't get the program to run on my Windows emulator (the screen flickers). I've seen threads from google re, flicker suggesting there might be too much going on in the love.draw() function -- but mine just makes calls to Slab and Suit.

I'm puzzled as to what I should be looking into next. It seems odd to me the Mac version can run fault free while the Windows version has issues.
pgimeno
Party member

Re: Hogging Resources / Windows Build / w/ Slab/Suit/Full Screen

Post by pgimeno »

Could it be that vsync is off? Have you checked the FPS?
ThreeFlags
Prole

Re: Hogging Resources / Windows Build / w/ Slab/Suit/Full Screen

Post by ThreeFlags »

pgimeno wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:59 pm Could it be that vsync is off? Have you checked the FPS?
Explicitly turning vsync on doesn't make a difference to the FPS for my Mac. But when I turn it off, it does shoot up. I'll try building a Windows version with it explicitly turned on and see what happens.