Can't require windfield

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Jimmyneuson
Prole

Can't require windfield

Post by Jimmyneuson »

Im trying to require the windfield library but it says that it can't find the module windfield. I'm using love 0.6.2 and here is the project https://github.com/Jimmyneuson/loveproject
slime
Solid Snayke

Re: Can't require windfield

Post by slime »

LÖVE 0.6.2 is so old that it doesn't support checking for a modulename/init.lua file when require("modulename") is called.

Is there a particular reason you're using 0.6.2 instead of a more modern version? Coincidentally 0.6.2 turned 10 years old today, and there have been five major versions and nine minor versions released since then.
Jimmyneuson
Prole

Post by Jimmyneuson »

Im using windows xp sp3 and the latest version didn't work so i just used the oldest version i found. Is there a newer version i can use that does support this?
MrFariator
Party member

Post by MrFariator »

0.10.2 is the latest version that officially supports XP. Windfield probably works with it, but I'm not sure; its github repo makes no mention of target love2d version as far as I can see, and 11.0 came out about two years ago. That roughly lines up with the timing when windfield was last updated.