This release is not compliant with the Google Play 64-bit requirement

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
hatem
Prole

Post by hatem »

Hello

I built an android game and am ready to publish the demo but when I try to do that I get this error:
Warning

The following APKs or App Bundles are available to 64-bit devices, but they only have 32-bit native code: 1.

From August 1, 2019 all releases must be compliant with the Google Play 64-bit requirement.

Include 64-bit and 32-bit native code in your app. Use the Android App Bundle publishing format to automatically ensure that each device architecture receives only the native code it needs. This avoids increasing the overall size of your app.
I'm building the game with android version 10.0.2 and have no clue how to include the 64-bit native code.
Can anyone help me do that? this caught me completely by surprise and is a real bummer :(
TheHUG
Citizen

Re: This release is not compliant with the Google Play 64-bit requirement

Post by TheHUG »

Oof, I'm afraid I don't really know what I'm talking about but I'm having a look around to see if I can find anything helpful, because that seems like it really sucks. Getting something to actually work for android must have been hell (I remember giving up when I tried)
judging from this https://developer.android.com/distribut ... lop/64-bit it should be possible to build 64 bit by specifying it in ndk.abiFilters
I know that love has 64 bit versions of the executable, so it should be possible to compile to 64 bit ok, but I am not sure about the rest of the C++ in love-android-sdl2, so it might be that you'll need to modify it. Either way, if there's any logic at all to Android studio, trying it should tell you where it's not compatibile.
I hope this helps at least a little.
hatem
Prole

Post by hatem »

TheHUG wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:28 pm Oof, I'm afraid I don't really know what I'm talking about but I'm having a look around to see if I can find anything helpful, because that seems like it really sucks. Getting something to actually work for android must have been hell (I remember giving up when I tried)
judging from this https://developer.android.com/distribut ... lop/64-bit it should be possible to build 64 bit by specifying it in ndk.abiFilters
I know that love has 64 bit versions of the executable, so it should be possible to compile to 64 bit ok, but I am not sure about the rest of the C++ in love-android-sdl2, so it might be that you'll need to modify it. Either way, if there's any logic at all to Android studio, trying it should tell you where it's not compatibile.
I hope this helps at least a little.
I don't think I'll be able to make it work. I have no clue how love works in the android project. I made a few android apps in the past so I know how android stuff works but never the ndk stuff and I really don't wanna learn all of that right now. I think porting my game to another engine will actually be smarter since love2d doesn't "really" support android and I'd rather go with an engine that supports android for this and future projects.

Thanks anyway :)
hatem
Prole

Post by hatem »

I forgot to ask this but does LOVE 11.2 for android support the 64-bit requirements?
I'm using 10.2 because 11.2 had a bug that made it extremely slow on some phones but I saw in the issue tracker that it should be fixed
rozenmad
Prole

Post by rozenmad »

I tried to compile love2d for arm64-v8a and finally I've done it. I haven't tested it yet, but here is the link: https://github.com/rozenmad/love2d-android-admob
Put the game (game.love) in the directory (project)/app/src/main/assets (if this directory doesn't exist then create it). Without it the game doesn't work (idk why).
I'm using android-ndk-r20 to compile love2d and ndk-r19 for luajit.
TheHUG
Citizen

Post by TheHUG »

rozenmad wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:41 pm I tried to compile love2d for arm64-v8a and finally I've done it. I haven't tested it yet, but here is the link: https://github.com/rozenmad/love2d-android-admob
Put the game (game.love) in the directory (project)/app/src/main/assets (if this directory doesn't exist then create it). Without it the game doesn't work (idk why).
I'm using android-ndk-r20 to compile love2d and ndk-r19 for luajit.
Great! Well done, I imagine this will help quite a few people.
[email protected]
Prole

Post by [email protected] »

Hello i using Martin Fella's excellent 'startgamedev' to convert my .love file into a .apk file.

how to update this Startgamedev to 64-bit support?
What files i must change? Maybe exist new version?
It's only one method i knows to FAST create app, other i cannot repeat.

Please help!
AndyDuff
Prole

Post by AndyDuff »

I am also using Martin Fella's 'startgamedev', and used it to publish 'Push Blox' on Google Play. However, now that I am trying to release the sequel I am also coming up against the '64-bit compliant' brick-wall.

I would like to second the above question: please can someone advise if there is a way to alter or add new files so that 'startgamedev' can be used to generate 64-bit .apk files?