Trouble with OpenGl

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Rad
Prole

Trouble with OpenGl

Post by Rad »

Hello!
I have recently installed Love on my laptop, an HP G70, but found I could not start-up the program because I did not meet an OpenGl requirement. It stated...
Unable to create an OpenGl window
This program requires a graphics card and video drivers which support OpenGl 2.1 or OpenGl ES 2

Detected OpenGl Version:
1.1.0 - GDI Generic (Microsoft Corporation)
I tried learning about how to update OpenGl but after contacting Intel Support, (Because I have a Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1), as evidence by the only two things in the 'Graphics' section of their automated support program.), they told me that my OpenGl was not updated by them and that it should come with the programs that use it.
Now I am unsure of how to get past this issue and am looking for help.
I have included all the information I think is most helpful, I am running Windows 10 x64, if there is something I missed I am open to sharing more.
ShanePierce
Prole

Re: Trouble with OpenGl

Post by ShanePierce »

Rad wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:38 am Hello!
I have recently installed Love on my laptop, an HP G70, but found I could not start-up the program because I did not meet an OpenGl requirement. It stated...
Unable to create an OpenGl window
This program requires a graphics card and video drivers which support OpenGl 2.1 or OpenGl ES 2

Detected OpenGl Version:
1.1.0 - GDI Generic (Microsoft Corporation)
I tried learning about how to update OpenGl but after contacting Intel Support, (Because I have a Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1), as evidence by the only two things in the 'Graphics' section of their automated support program.), they told me that my OpenGl was not updated by them and that it should come with the programs that use it.
Now I am unsure of how to get past this issue and am looking for help.
I have included all the information I think is most helpful, I am running Windows 10 x64, if there is something I missed I am open to sharing more.
Facing the same issue here too and in need of help. Help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
SHane
raidho36
Party member

Post by raidho36 »

LOVE's minimum requirements increased since version 11. You can try using older version if your hardware doesn't support modern standards.
Rad
Prole

Post by Rad »

raidho36 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:56 pm LOVE's minimum requirements increased since version 11. You can try using older version if your hardware doesn't support modern standards.
I will try using an earlier version, thanks.

Edit: 10.2 did not work but I had luck with version 9.2 and am now ready to start making games!
Karai17
Party member

Post by Karai17 »

it seems like your video card driver isn't installed. Go here if your laptop model has the GeForce 9200M graphics chip, or here if it does not. download the nvidia (or intel) driver and install it, then your graphics should be much faster and have more features.
STI - An awesome Tiled library
LÖVE3D - A 3D library for LÖVE 0.10+

Dev Blog | GitHub | excessive ❤ moé