Anyone Else Having Problems With Android?

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Withered-Flame
Prole

Anyone Else Having Problems With Android?

Post by Withered-Flame »

I tried everything with the love-android-sdl2 build tools. I updated my distribution to 4.4. I used gradle 3.1.3. I made sure there was no possibility of the program not finding the JDK, SDK and NDK. And i am no further to getting my game ported than last month.

I did all those things separately so that i knew they weren't interfering with each other.

I am offering a 20$ reward to whoever can get me to a google-play ready app; correct settings, icons and all. 10$ for a working app but some settings are still messed up. I do Patreon, Freelancer, and Crypto.

This is love 11.1 with love-android-sdl2.

Around 50% of the time i seem to get this error:

Code: Select all

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':love:generateJsonModelDebug'.
> Build command failed.
  Error while executing process D:\ndk\ndk-build.cmd with arguments {NDK_PROJECT_PATH=null APP_BUILD_SCRIPT=D:\New folder\love-android-sdl2\love\src\jni\Android.mk NDK_APPLICATION_MK=D:\New folder\love-android-sdl2\love\src\jni\Application.mk APP_ABI=armeabi-v7a NDK_ALL_ABIS=armeabi-v7a NDK_DEBUG=1 APP_PLATFORM=android-9 NDK_OUT=D:/New folder/love-android-sdl2/love/build/intermediates/ndkBuild/debug/obj NDK_LIBS_OUT=D:\New folder\love-android-sdl2\love\build\intermediates\ndkBuild\debug\lib -j4 APP_SHORT_COMMANDS=false LOCAL_SHORT_COMMANDS=false -B -n}
  process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, "", ...) failed.
  D:/ndk/build//../build/core/add-application.mk:49: D:\New: No such file or directory
  D:/ndk/build//../build/core/add-application.mk:49: folder\love-android-sdl2\love\src\jni\Application.mk: No such file or directory
  Android NDK: Your APP_BUILD_SCRIPT points to an unknown Df:i/len: Dd:\kNe/w fboldueri\llovde-/an/dr.oid.-s/dlb2\uliovlmk    e/add-application.mk:198: *** Android NDK: Aborting...    \.sr c\ jnSi\tAnodrpoi.d.

Regardless of what i "fix".
(\love-android-sdl2\love\src\jni\Application.mk does exist, by the way.)
I was told android studio was a lot less buggy, but there is no step-by-step i can follow that doesn't assume I'm a Android Studio Master.

So, if you were going to write a guide on how to use android studio with love2d anyway, this is a good way to get 20$.
PGUp
Party member

Re: Anyone Else Having Problems With Android?

Post by PGUp »

just use this tutorial, you wont be able to export to playstore with this (you'd need to wait for the 0.11.2 version to come out), but atleast you'd get an apk you can test.

https://love2d.org/wiki/Game_Distribution/APKTool
-