Demo is here, and I want your help!!

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
liyonglove2d
Prole

Demo is here, and I want your help!!

Post by liyonglove2d »

moved to : http://love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=79990

The Great Miner is the game I'm working on, and here's a snap:
game snap
game snap
game.png (154.63 KiB) Viewed 3560 times
.LOVE FILE (I cannot upload the file by 'Upload attachment', so...)
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1i35pVqX
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1mgqqGVA <-- fix some known bugs

I'm here for:
1, I'm really upset about the appearance of the game :death: , so I want so much your opinions and advices; I can program, but I dont know much about how to make the game art. And I find it difficult to just download images from the web to satisfy my need. How do you do the graphics work? (by the way, I kind of dont want pure pixel art =_=)
2, Text content of the game is written in Chinese originally, and recently I've translated it into English. But the translation is poor, pale and unsatisfactory. I would appreciate it so much if you can help me with the translation! (All the translation work is contained in the file 'language_en.lua', so it wont be a hard work if you're a native English speaker)

The basic operation is done, so you can give the demo a try.
[escape] display the menu
[tab] display the inventory table
[w/a/s/d] move around the map
[mouse] work on the tile, enter the cave/dungeon, or hit animals/monsters

[Notice]
The game is saved automatically when you exit, but not yet durint the playing, neither if you click the 'close'' button of the window to exit the game.

I have never finished any game before, so I want your guidence so much. I'm waiting for your responses :ultraglee:
Last edited by liyonglove2d on Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
arampl
Party member

Re: Demo is here, and I want your help!!

Post by arampl »

I can try to upload your file here (~ 24 MB), or better you'd create topic in the "Projects and Demos" section.
As for translation, English is not my native language, so obviously I can't help you here.
Best way about graphics is to collaborate with an artist I think. I'm also not artist so can't help in this area as well.

P.S. Game looks much better now!
liyonglove2d
Prole

Post by liyonglove2d »

arampl wrote:I can try to upload your file here (~ 24 MB), or better you'd create topic in the "Projects and Demos" section.
As for translation, English is not my native language, so obviously I can't help you here.
Best way about graphics is to collaborate with an artist I think. I'm also not artist so can't help in this area as well.

P.S. Game looks much better now!
Thank you for the advice about translation before! I realized that I have to translate the game into English if I still want more help from this community, so I did the translation :)
Really want fantasy appearance for the game :neko:

P.S.
I'd appreciate that if you can upload the .love file for me! and I don't know exactly what the section 'Projects and Demos' is for. Is it proper if I move this post to that section in order to get advices about the game?
arampl
Party member

Post by arampl »

liyonglove2d wrote:I'd appreciate that if you can upload the .love file for me
Failed. Seems that we can't upload too big files here.
Bindie
Party member

Post by Bindie »

I've seen this while programming in the past few days. Awesome you got a first demo! :)