Multi-Agent based Simulation

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Chicony
Prole

Multi-Agent based Simulation

Post by Chicony »

Hello,
i just register on this forum, a few minutes ago. I am going to write a multiagent-based simulation enviorment, thats fits my needs better than any *logo could. I am still in planning phase, and in the first place its just for some simple Simulations like wolf and sheeps. Later on i may expand it, with all functions NetLogo offer, but thats an hard way.
If you have some ideas or comments on my plan, just tell me.
Chicony
Edited: ----
I will give a method comperable to the breed in Netlogo, but i am actually not sure if i also shloud use the concept of patches, dividing the whole word in to squares, each of them having there own colours and values.
But i do not real see any alternative do you see one?
Edit 2: First source code that should show general idea how it is possible going to work.
Attachments
main.lua
Mistakes found ~
(2.28 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
Last edited by Chicony on Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ranguna259
Party member

Re: Multi-Agent based Simulation

Post by Ranguna259 »

What are going to do is actually realy hard, you're going to have to code lot's of detailed AIs, I can't help you because I'm not very experienced in AI programming so best of luck :)
LoveDebug- A library that will help you debug your game with an on-screen fully interactive lua console, you can even do code hotswapping :D

Check out my twitter.
Chicony
Prole

Post by Chicony »

Hi Ranguna259,
i do not see your problem, because NetLogo also doesnot offer any AI, so i do not have to. Also i do not see any sense in there, everyone need there own AI, if really an AI is needed. The reason why? Everyone like to use there own walkalgos or own attributes, a AI will need this datas to work well, but the code style of everyone differ so, there would be a lot of work to intigrate my code style and make him compatible to everyones else.
But thats not the point, what NetLogo does, is that it offers you some standard classes you can build on, some standard functions to and a game enviroment too. My goal is to give everybody something he just need to require() and then he get a few example classes with methods he can work with, of course monkey patching compatible.
Question to everyone is their any alternative to NetLogos patches?
paserra
Prole

Post by paserra »

Hi Chicony,
I'm very interested in you idea.It is possible we can do something together.
Regards,
Pier Andrea.