Graphics oddity

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
MTD
Prole

Graphics oddity

Post by MTD »

I'm writing a 2.5D minecraft clone for practice.

Problem is, top textures like this begin to flash on vertical movement.
The texture is a 16x16 quad of your generic texture atlas, scaled to 32x8. There is 2 of them stacked on the picture, other is in background layer.

Is there a remedy for this?
Jasoco
Inner party member

Re: Graphics oddity

Post by Jasoco »

We don't have enough information to know what it looks like. Either put up a video, GIF or .love of the project.

However, without that information I'm still betting it's the same exact problem a hundred other people have posted threads about before. Try math.flooring the camera X and Y values.
Positive07
Party member

Post by Positive07 »

Jasoco wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:42 am We don't have enough information to know what it looks like. Either put up a video, GIF or .love of the project.

However, without that information I'm still betting it's the same exact problem a hundred other people have posted threads about before. Try math.flooring the camera X and Y values.
We don't know what you are trying to accomplish nor how, so at least put a minimal example in a code tag that replicates the error/problem
for i, person in ipairs(everybody) do
[tab]if not person.obey then person:setObey(true) end
end
love.system.openURL(github.com/pablomayobre)
raidho36
Party member

Post by raidho36 »

Seems pretty obvious to me, the are no pixels past exactly the tile edge, hence when quad is rendered at non integer coordinates and samples just outside of the tile section, the are no pixels there.
MTD
Prole

Post by MTD »

Game files are available here https://github.com/MetoolDaddy/minecraft-reminisce

Excuse my lack of skill