Google Play Services

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Kibita
Prole

Google Play Services

Post by Kibita »

Hello!
I wonder if Love2D will support GPS like leaderboards and achievements. The good thing about the Android (or iOS) porting of Love2D is that you can use admob to show your ads, but I think the features I mentioned are missing in the library. Is there any prediction if this will be available? Or does this already exists?

Thank you.
Skeletonxf
Citizen

Re: Google Play Services

Post by Skeletonxf »

Have you successfully used admob? I've not been able to work out how to integrate ads in and last time I checked the bitbukket the tutorials were pretty sparse.
Kibita
Prole

Post by Kibita »

Not yet, but I could compile the project with the new admob features. I should test soon, but I also want to know if the Android version of Love2D will support leaderboards and achievements.
Skeletonxf
Citizen

Post by Skeletonxf »

My understanding was admob was written in java using google-play-services_lib and so in theory you could hook into all google/android thingies from there if you know how.
Guard13007
Party member

Post by Guard13007 »

What's the latest info on this stuff / how did you get something working (if anything)?
amcoolio
Prole

Post by amcoolio »

bump. Would be really nice if this was included. Same with gamecenter
4aiman
Party member

Post by 4aiman »

Skeletonxf wrote:Have you successfully used admob? I've not been able to work out how to integrate ads in and last time I checked the bitbukket the tutorials were pretty sparse.
Admob's banners are working just fine as well as Leadbolt's interstitials.
Check the archived Android subforum for details.

Leaderboards and achievements is something new to me, however.
I'll check the subject and see what I can do for love2d on Android.
Ranguna259
Party member

Post by Ranguna259 »

I've successfully implement admob services in my game through master both, the tutorial is pretty straightforward and creating an apk is easy too.
The only things that are missing are leaderboards and achievements, other than that both did an awesome job.
LoveDebug- A library that will help you debug your game with an on-screen fully interactive lua console, you can even do code hotswapping :D

Check out my twitter.
master both
Party member

Post by master both »

Ok, so I have been doing some research on how to implement these features on löve and try to expose it as an api in lua, but after learning how it works (It's stupidly over complicated), I concluded that it can't be done since you have to add an especific app id to the android manifest, and there is no way you can be exposed that as a command in löve. Which is a shame cause I really wanted to add it.
Although it still can be added manualy before building the .apk.

EDIT:
Ok I still added it for my project, because why not, but you still have change a thing before building it and testing it.