Why are old wiki pages still search engine indexable

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Psicosis
Prole

Why are old wiki pages still search engine indexable

Post by Psicosis »

I mean, the title says it all, but when Im googling around the Love2D wiki looking for specific built in functions, such as love.graphics.getDimensions() just because I dont keep that in my head, why instead would I find an article for love.window.getDimensions() , its really easy to set that page to noIndex and purge your cache, I do stuff like that for my clients websites all the time
zorg
Party member

Re: Why are old wiki pages still search engine indexable

Post by zorg »

The wiki uses mediawiki, if you have the time to contribute (anyone with a forum account can), feel free to add whatever's necessary, although i don't know how much of an effect that would do on any search engine, since pretty sure löve can't force google to eradicate results from there... that said, "old wiki pages" still exist because people might still use older löve versions; the wiki itself has a neat little version selector at the top right corner that (mostly) works so people can use that to only see the functions supported by whatever version they use.

Also, feel free to use the wiki's own search function instead of google or whatever.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.