Recommendation for Tutorials starting point[solutions provided]i

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
klewis
Prole

Recommendation for Tutorials starting point[solutions provided]i

Post by klewis »

Hello all!
I am 2 weeks in with love2d. I've taken several classes so far. It's becoming more clear to me that in order for me to really get a grip on love2d, I simply need to put in the time for more hands-on training. With that said, I currently have love 11.3 installed and I ran across your [Categories:Tutorial page](https://love2d.org/wiki/Category:Tutorials). Do you know if these listed tutorials are appropriate as a starting point for version 11.3?

Many thanks!
Last edited by klewis on Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
zorg
Party member

Re: Recommendation for Tutorials starting point

Post by zorg »

I wouldn't bet on that, mainly because unfortunately they might be for different versions, with things no longer applicable to the current one; they would need to be updated and -kept- updated by volunteers, which apparently isn't happening yet.

I'd start with a lua (5.1) tutorial first, then with a Löve one; for the former, Programming in Lua is the reference you can use, for the latter, Sheepolution's tutorials should be good. There's also the wiki where you can find references to all methods and whatnot as well.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.