Hi :), very small constribution!

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
mep
Prole

Hi :), very small constribution!

Post by mep »

Hi, I've tried to learn Lua for quite a while now and I'm feeling pretty stable with it now, but I am still a noob and has a lot to learn then it comes to programming. Löve is really amazing and it is easy and pretty fast! I want to thank all developers and constributors of this amazing project. Good wiki and a lot of games to learn from, its really amazing that this can be free :D. I have not learned everything yet and I just started on my first game using Löve, it's just a simple top-down space shooter. And i did program a little utility which allows me to fast launch and try the game then i change it. So here it is. Its made with python and GTK, it works fine on Ubuntu 11.10. Feel free to use it in any purpose and hack it if you like. It is very simple and its nothing to take credit for but I feel that it's quite useful and if you think the same you might also like it. Thanks again and I hope I can constribute some more importent and wanted things in the future cause this project is sweeeeeeeeeeet :).

*Direct download*
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/63587939/lovelauncher.py
nevon
Commander of the Circuloids

Re: Hi :), very small constribution!

Post by nevon »

Illumination Software Creator, huh? I'm sure Bryan would be happy to see it being used.

I don't see much of a point in running a graphical application just to launch LÖVE games during development, but whatever floats your boat.

Welcome!
mep
Prole

Post by mep »

@nevon
Lol I know, btw how did you know I made in ISC? Haha im a nooooob, sorry for that. But the real use of this app comes then I add quick .love maker and a one button click executeable maker and a GUI tool for configure the conf.lua and it will auto detect which modules there are used or not and disable those which is not used automatically. Basically a GUI tool for noobs like me :P
nevon
Commander of the Circuloids

Post by nevon »

mep wrote:@nevon
Lol I know, btw how did you know I made in ISC?
I checked out the code. It's been a while since I used GTK in Python, so I was hoping that you had written it using the GObject Introspection bindings, so that I could learn how it's done. But then I saw that pretty much every variable started with "ISC", so I knew it was generated by Illumination Software Creator.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

mep wrote:Lol I know, btw how did you know I made in ISC?
The source has "isc" all over the place. :P
Help us help you: attach a .love.
mep
Prole

Post by mep »

Okey, sorry I have just pragrammed since christmas cause I got a Lua book as christmas present and after I read trough almost the whole book and tried all examples and edit them and stuff i eanted to start doing real software with a purpose so I started using ISC a bit and also started to learn Löve, the reason why I chose to use ISC is cause I know it has its limits and I know I had to write my own custom "blocks" and therefor I had a reason to learn python. Cause i really wanna learn python. I also wanna learn C or C++ but that i gonna do in the future :P
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

No need to apologise, man. :P
Help us help you: attach a .love.