Can a post delete itself??

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
YoungNeer
Party member

Can a post delete itself??

Post by YoungNeer »

Alright this is something related to the forums. I wrote a reply to the following topic https://love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=86959 and the last post I made has been automatically deleted. I am 100% sure I wrote the post and pressed the submit button. The reply was about how you can get the original .love file from the executable and get all the assets of the game (music, images and all that). But when I checked it now it was gone. Could it be that the post deleted itself or maybe it's the work of slime?
My Github- your contribution is highly appreciated
slime
Solid Snayke

Re: Can a post delete itself??

Post by slime »

There is no log of a post in that topic being deleted. It sounds like it was never successfully submitted in the first place - maybe there were some internet connection issues on your end when you pressed the submit button, or something?
YoungNeer
Party member

Re: Can a post delete itself??

Post by YoungNeer »

Well that has made me recall the whole event. When you close a window while writing a reply you know nothing pops up - like you have some unsaved changes and all that. So maybe I closed the tab before hitting the submit button. Yeah that must be it i guess. And internet connection issue can be another reason as well. I do have some connectivity issue but a post has never deleted itself before. And it's the first time this has happened

But that being said wouldn't it be great if when you close a tab while writing a post you get that pop-up which you get in other forums sites and in GitHub. Plus it's not like the post is going to be drafted when you hit the close button. And another issue that I find most of the time is this that the window doesn't auto-reload itself. I don't know much about AJAX but I don't think it's employed in the context of getting the notifications asynchronously without having the end using reload the window explicitly or if it is then all i can say is it's not working properly.
My Github- your contribution is highly appreciated