ZeroBrane Studio Lua IDE v1.40 is out; updated LÖVE API for 0.10.1

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
paulclinger
Party member

ZeroBrane Studio Lua IDE v1.40 is out; updated LÖVE API for 0.10.1

Post by paulclinger »

Hi All,

I'm pleased to announce the release of ZeroBrane Studio Lua IDE v1.40. This release includes better integration with OS and file managers (opening files on drag-n-drop on Linux and opening files on drag-n-drop on dock icon on OSX), search improvements (like ability to refresh search results), tracking file system changes in the project tree to auto-update it, stability improvements on Linux, updated LÖVE API for 0.10.1, new and updated plugins (documentmap, highlightselected, cloneview, uniquetabname, and 50+ more), and other changes.

The packages for Windows/OSX/Linux are available from the project website (http://studio.zerobrane.com/); the changelog with a complete list of changes is linked next to the download link. Thank you for your continuous support and feedback! Paul.
mr_happy
Citizen

Re: ZeroBrane Studio Lua IDE v1.40 is out; updated LÖVE API for 0.10.1

Post by mr_happy »

Great, I love ZeroBrane. Is it possible to make a small donation via Paypal rather than on a card?
paulclinger
Party member

Post by paulclinger »

@mr_happy, yes; PM-ed you the contact information. Thank you. Paul.
mr_happy
Citizen

Post by mr_happy »

Did that, thanks again :D
Zireael
Party member

Post by Zireael »

Zerobrane is amazing for the ability to easily launch LOVE stuff. However, I miss being able to open several folders at once as in ST3 or Atom. Also I couldn't find any compare function.
paulclinger
Party member

Post by paulclinger »

@mr_happy; got it; thanks!

@Zireael, how do you use several folders? If it's just for navigation, then ZBS supports mapping directories (right-click in the file tree, `Map Directory`, select any directory), which shows them at the top of the file tree (with a different icon), with all the filetree functions available for navigation. This setting will be retained between restarts.

As to the compare function, someone has to write a plugin for it ;). Are you thinking about something like "Compare Side-By-Side"? I have a diff function that can be used here, but it still needs to be wrapped into some useful UI.
Zireael
Party member

Post by Zireael »

I didn't know Zerobrane had that mapping directories function or plugins! Is there anywhere I can find some sort of help or documentation?

As for compare, it can be a side-by-side, it can be diff-style (red one file, green other). Whatever. I find it invaluable. I've been using ST3 for coding recently because Atom tends to break, and Zerobrane for easily launching LOVE. But I simply can't function without a compare tool.
paulclinger
Party member

Post by paulclinger »

> I didn't know Zerobrane had that mapping directories function or plugins! Is there anywhere I can find some sort of help or documentation?

There is a plugin repository with 50+ plugins, including document map, highlight selected, clone view, and many others.

There is tips and tricks page (https://studio.zerobrane.com/doc-tips-and-tricks), but it needs to be updated with recently added improvements. I should also re-organize it a bit to show the most recent changes up top.
Zireael
Party member

Post by Zireael »

Speaking of tips and tricks, the debugger (at least the LOVE one) has a nasty side-effect of a giant slowdown.

It took me roughly half an hour of googling (note: googling, looking at the site failed to point me to the correct page) to learn about require("mobdebug").off and .on

The warning about a possible slowdown and the tip for selective debugging should be up there easily findable and not buried in a debugging article for some language I don't even know about.
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

Zireael wrote:Speaking of tips and tricks, the debugger (at least the LOVE one) has a nasty side-effect of a giant slowdown.

It took me roughly half an hour of googling (note: googling, looking at the site failed to point me to the correct page) to learn about require("mobdebug").off and .on

The warning about a possible slowdown and the tip for selective debugging should be up there easily findable and not buried in a debugging article for some language I don't even know about.
I did not know that was part of Löve... oh right, because it's not, it's a lua lib that also works with ZeroBrane (and LuaJIT 2.x).
Also, the lua docs do mention that lua's own debug functions were not designed to be fast, so a lib that relies on them will most likely slow down any program. Then again, printing to console every frame can also slow down a program as well. :P
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.