What's your Lua/Love setup ?

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
undef
Party member

Re: What's your Lua/Love setup ?

Post by undef »

josefnpat wrote:
undef wrote:":wall |!love ."
This is nice - TIL <3
:)
Actually ":wa" is the same as ":wall", but I kind of got used to ":wall".
twitter | steam | indieDB

Check out quadrant on Steam!
Madrayken
Party member

Post by Madrayken »

I've not used anything without a debugger since 1998! For that reason I use Zerobrane - I think it's the only option with debugging?

(And if I didn't care about that, I'd move to Moonscript)
Discord: https://discord.gg/tYfHgXc
Bandcamp: https://madrayken.bandcamp.com/
Twitter: @Fluttermind
davisdude
Party member

Post by davisdude »

Well, since everyone else is chiming in, I guess I'll throw mine in here too.

I use Vim, with a couple different LOVE-specific options. I've written a couple of plugins as well that I'll advertise.

- vim-love-docs:Vim syntax highlighting and helpfile for LÖVE. Allows me to type ":help love.graphics.draw" for example, and get the wiki entry for love.graphics.draw. Also colors LÖVE functions special colors.
- love-launch: Use Alt-L to launch LÖVE. I personally use ,r. It searches up the directory of the currently active file to run, allowing you to work on multiple projects at a time.
- syntastic: Syntax checking. I have it check on save.

edit: to clarify, I did not write syntastic
Last edited by davisdude on Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

davisdude wrote: - vim-love-docs:Vim syntax highlighting and helpfile for LÖVE. Allows me to type ":help love.graphics.draw" for example, and get the wiki entry for love.graphics.draw. Also colors LÖVE functions special colors.
Oh that's way more advanced than what I've been using!
Inny
Party member

Post by Inny »

davisdude wrote:- vim-love-docs:Vim syntax highlighting and helpfile for LÖVE. Allows me to type ":help love.graphics.draw" for example, and get the wiki entry for love.graphics.draw. Also colors LÖVE functions special colors.
- love-launch: Use Alt-L to launch LÖVE. I personally use ,r. It searches up the directory of the currently active file to run, allowing you to work on multiple projects at a time.
- syntastic: Syntax checking. I have it check on save.
These are awesome sounding, will they work with Pathogen? My general workflow is to just clone the respective plugin's repo and then pull it when I want to update things.
davisdude
Party member

Post by davisdude »

bartbes wrote:Oh that's way more advanced than what I've been using!
I like it a lot, personally. I got the idea from @josefnpat
Inny wrote:These are awesome sounding, will they work with Pathogen?
Yes, I use Pathogen and they all work for me.

Also, just to clarify my above post, I did not write syntastic, I just use it.
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
paulclinger
Party member

Post by paulclinger »

Plu wrote:I use ZeroBrane studio for all my editing and running. Don't think I've changed any settings. It's quite nifty, although there seems to be a bug in the Ubuntu version, which crashes a lot when I switch project directories :(
@Plu, I missed this message earlier, but if you still have troubles with crashes on switching project directories on Ubuntu, try a newer version of ZeroBrane Studio (1.40 or 1.50) as I expect it to be fixed in 1.40+. Let me know if you still seeing crashes on those versions. Thanks. Paul.