Party-reason topic.

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Bindie
Party member

Party-reason topic.

Post by Bindie »

Note that I'm only writing this post to become a party-member, however as many knows game development and long hours at the computer contributes to a lot of stress. Personally I use productivity software, right now I use Eyeleo to save my eyes and move away from the computer from time to time. I also use f.lux which save eye strain during night. Wishful thinking is that it also makes me go to bed earlier.

Obviously there's gonna be more game development, what's your way of not to make computer a main part of one's life in term of short breaks and such?

And with that: Party-member! Wuhu!
Duster
Prole

Re: Party-reason topic.

Post by Duster »

Lots of instrument playing mixed in with taking walks outside for inspiration or fresh air or whatever it is people go outside for these days.
I use f.lux as well, it's one of the first things I install on a fresh OS.
Bindie
Party member

Post by Bindie »

High five!
ejmr
Party member

Post by ejmr »

Bindie wrote:...what's your way of not to make computer a main part of one's life in term of short breaks and such?
I've been using this practice for a few years now to help take breaks during development while maintaining focus on whatever I'm doing.
ejmr :: Programming and Game-Dev Blog, GitHub
南無妙法蓮華經
Bindie
Party member

Post by Bindie »

If I understand it correctly I would use a pommodoro which help me quantify how much time I spend on things?