What code editor do you use ?

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Ellohir
Party member

Re: What code editor do you use ?

Post by Ellohir »

Yes, I saw it on http://love2d.org/wiki/Scite

I tried Notepad++ but it deleted my running config every time I closed the program for no reason. So I stick to Scite now.
MarekkPie
Inner party member

Post by MarekkPie »

I made a post showing how to do similar stuff with Geany...in case no one has seen it yet.
baconhawka7x
Party member

Post by baconhawka7x »

I'm on a mac, and I'm poor. So textwrangler:D
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

baconhawka7x wrote:I'm on a mac, and I'm poor. So textwrangler:D
I use Textwrangler too because no other text editor I've found, paid or otherwise, has compared and worked how I want it to. And believe me, I've looked. TW is missing a lot of things, but it also has things I've become dependent on and don't think I'll ever leave behind. So I will probably stick with TW forever.
kikito
Inner party member

Post by kikito »

It took me a lot of effort, but I'm starting to get comfortable with vim, and it's the only editor I use now. I use the janus package to have a nice set of defaults.

I also use the console. I use zsh with the om-my-zsh package, which again, gives me an easy set of defaults, and lots of useful plugins.
When I write def I mean function.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

baconhawka7x wrote:I'm on a mac, and I'm poor.
... what.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

Robin wrote:
baconhawka7x wrote:I'm on a mac, and I'm poor.
... what.
I'm also poor so I robbed a mac. Joking. It's true that in Mac world the free choice is less than in Linux/Win universe. But enough concerning free text/code editors. Sublime (for now), TextWrangler, (extinct) Fraise, (no longer free) Smultron, (minimal) Kod, (fatty) Aptana Studio, Aquamacs Emacs, Editra, and a lot more ported ones I don't remember now...

EDITED Some people are poor so they have OSX on a PC.
Ellohir
Party member

Post by Ellohir »

Everytime I try to run a love and get images not PO2 or a "Framebuffer not supported" error, I consider you all rich xD
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

coffee wrote:I'm also poor so I robbed a mac. Joking. It's true that in Mac world the free choice is less than in Linux/Win universe. But enough concerning free text/code editors. Sublime (for now), TextWrangler, (extinct) Fraise, (no longer free) Smultron, (minimal) Kod, (fatty) Aptana Studio, Aquamacs Emacs, Editra, and a lot more ported ones I don't remember now...
Not talking about that. Damn Macs themselves are expensive like hell.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

Robin wrote:
coffee wrote:I'm also poor so I robbed a mac. Joking. It's true that in Mac world the free choice is less than in Linux/Win universe. But enough concerning free text/code editors. Sublime (for now), TextWrangler, (extinct) Fraise, (no longer free) Smultron, (minimal) Kod, (fatty) Aptana Studio, Aquamacs Emacs, Editra, and a lot more ported ones I don't remember now...
Not talking about that. Damn Macs themselves are expensive like hell.
Sorry, I should have quote only baconhawka7x. Only to show him that there is a lot of options for "poor" people in Mac.
Even that I have one I agree with you, specially portable mac's are too much expensive for what it's offered. However I think buying iMacs with so rare large 22''/24'' (old iMac standard)/27'' monitor sizes it kinda rewarding or at least smooths a lot the robbery cost.