Notepad++ Highlights and Auto-Completion

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Ranguna259
Party member

Notepad++ Highlights and Auto-Completion

Post by Ranguna259 »

So I was searching around the net for the LÖVE plugins(APIs and highlights) for Notepad++ and found lua auto-complete&Highlights and LÖVE auto-complete&Highlights but the problem is that they weren't together meaning that if you were programing in LÖVE, notepad++ wont highlight Lua codes.

With that I spent a few minutes puting them in two files and here they are:
Auto-complete:
https://mega.co.nz/#!1xp1lQJD!RdozDVXHL ... 7xedDcQfcM

Highlights:
https://mega.co.nz/#!pgBRzBoT!NcZ9dn3hA ... tgUKMMlrNQ

How to install* them:
1. Download both .XMLs and put them wherever you want.
2. Copy/Cut "löve.xml" to notepad++ APIs folder, default is: "%programfiles%\notepad\plugins\APIs", you should see lots of other .XMLs just copy/cut it there.
3. Open Notepad++ go to "Settings"-->"Preferences.." and in the window that popped up press the Backup/Auto-Completion tab.
4. Check "auto-completion on each input" if not already and under it select "Function completion".
5. Again in the toolbar got to "View"-->"User-Defined Dialogue" and in the window that popped up click the button "Inport"
6. Another window should appear and from there find the file "LÖVE highlights v2 w lua.xml" which you have previously downloaded and press enter.
7. Restart Notepad++, click "New" and select "Language"-->"LÖVE".
8. That's all, start coding :neko:

(Original files can be found here [you do not need to download these, they are here just to credit the original creators]:
Original Lua 5.1 + LÖVE 0.8.0 Highlights post and used highlight .xml.
Original LÖVE auto-completion post and used LÖVE .xml.
Original Lua auto-completion Article (on Retro Effect) and used Lua .xml.)
(^^All credits should go to their original creators^^)

Once again, I'm sorry if I broke any rules or something alike, I'm only a day old on this forum.
LoveDebug- A library that will help you debug your game with an on-screen fully interactive lua console, you can even do code hotswapping :D

Check out my twitter.
davisdude
Party member

Re: Notepad++ Highlights and Auto-Completion

Post by davisdude »

Pretty cool... only one problem: how do you change the colors? I cannot seem to find a way to change them in the settings/style configurator.
Would I have to do it manually?
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
Ranguna259
Party member

Post by Ranguna259 »

davisdude wrote:Pretty cool... only one problem: how do you change the colors? I cannot seem to find a way to change them in the settings/style configurator.
Would I have to do it manually?
To change the colors you have to go User-Defined Languages and in the new window that poped up select LÖVE from the first dropdown-menu and now you can configure the colors to your liking ;)
LoveDebug- A library that will help you debug your game with an on-screen fully interactive lua console, you can even do code hotswapping :D

Check out my twitter.
Pedroca
Prole

Post by Pedroca »

Hey,
When I tried to open the files, the website said that they were deleted or something, what happpened?
Thanks!
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

Pedroca wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:59 pm Hey,
When I tried to open the files, the website said that they were deleted or something, what happpened?
Thanks!
Read the date of the post: Wed Jun 19, 2013
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.