NO, a game of numbers

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
qubodup
Inner party member

NO, a game of numbers

Post by qubodup »

Hey you

NO is a full, complete and well playable game, you should create an own google code project for it.

Probable problems:

* When I completed a game, I can press the "clear" button, which will restart the game. Is that intended?

* There is no proper license information.

* The music, which I don't like too much, does not loop

* Some puzzles have more than one solution, but only one of them will be accepted. Example below.

Tested with LÖVE 0.3.1.
lg.newImage("cat.png") -- made possible by lg = love.graphics
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)
mike
Administrator

Re: NO, a game of numbers

Post by mike »

NO is by no means a full, complete or well game. It isn't responding to the chemotherapy and we have contacted friends and relatives as the end is drawing innevitably closer...

Anyway, it was never intended as a complete game but more of a "more than just moving graphics" tech demo to be released with LÖVE. I made it while sleep deprived one cold Tuesday morning and there are MANY things that I overlooked. The music is rude's fault by the way, he made sure I didn't take the fall for that. I could always whip up something simple on my guitar but I am not a "game musician" (aka: I cannot make things that loop... I apparently also can't make music loop in the game.. I honestly never expected anyone to play the game so long that the music would end). As for the multiple solutions bug, it resides deep within the code and I was aware of it when I was making it. Either I can have one solution and save myself some work or I could allow for multiple solutions and make a more complete game. I chose the former as I was growing quite tired by that point.

I will take your suggestions under advicement, but seeing as the game is more of an advanced tech demo than anything else I doubt a google code project will ever exist for it (a MOPK page may be created, but we shall see about that) and the license is actually "do whatever, I don't care". If it ever changes, it is more likely that I will re-code the entire thing and release it as NO2 (Nitrogen Dioxide?) or something...

PS: Thanks for the feedback, though. I love hearing about someone who has enjoyed the game enough to actually complain about its shortcomings! :D
PPS: I love how you, who joined scantly a week ago, has adopted the "OBEY" avatar guideline.
Now posting IN STEREO (where available)
Sardtok
Party member

Post by Sardtok »

Just looking at that picture makes me scream PICROOOOOOOSSSSSS!!! PIIIIICROOOOSS!!! Pictinating the countryside.
Kind of makes me want to play it, but I can just play Picross on my DS, so...
Take off every Zigg for great rapist.
Now, outgay that!
mike
Administrator

Post by mike »

That's actually where it came from.. I saw Picross for the DS at the game store and, being without a DS to play it on, I decided to make the game for myself so as to satisfy my NEED for picross-based gameplay.
Now posting IN STEREO (where available)