I'm thinking of coming back

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Tesselode
Party member

I'm thinking of coming back

Post by Tesselode »

In case anyone has noticed my prolonged absence, let me explain.

When I was trying to make Tilt, LOVE was having some pretty weird physics glitches. I just tested it with 7.1; it still is. So I decided to stop using LOVE and try pygame, and I also left the forum.

Now I'm thinking, LOVE has got to be more stable than it used to be, and I really do like the way it is set up. I should be able to use it just fine for things where I don't need to use the built-in physics engine. Also, when I start on Tilt again, I could probably find some other physics engine for Lua.

So, does it seem reasonable to give LOVE another shot?
crow
Party member

Re: I'm thinking of coming back

Post by crow »

Well just from the people that are hear I feel LÖVE is worth its gold very friendly people and the program is still a baby really it needs to have people say oops its broken but look I was able to do it this way you know :) I think you should come back :neko:
Sir Kittenface
Möko IDE Codename (Erös) Returns Soon

I am dyslexic so if any of my replys confusing please just ask me to reword it as this will make things a lot easier for all parties lol.
tentus
Inner party member

Post by tentus »

You should take a look at vrld's HardonCollider, which is a collision alternative written for Love. Check out this demo for it.
Kurosuke needs beta testers
pekka
Party member

Post by pekka »

Tesselode wrote:
When I was trying to make Tilt, LOVE was having some pretty weird physics glitches. I just tested it with 7.1; it still is. So I decided to stop using LOVE and try pygame, and I also left the forum.
Did you ever release any code with the glitch? I'd take a look at it and see if I can reproduce it using C++ or the Python Box2D binding.
Tesselode wrote:
So, does it seem reasonable to give LOVE another shot?
Yes, go right ahead.
kikito
Inner party member

Post by kikito »

!!!!
When I write def I mean function.
zac352
Party member

Post by zac352 »

If you need any help writing a custom physics engine, I have both experience and yet-to-be-written algorithms jammed into my head somewhere.
And am on IRC just about all day.
Hello, I am not dead.
Tesselode
Party member

Post by Tesselode »

pekka wrote: Did you ever release any code with the glitch? I'd take a look at it and see if I can reproduce it using C++ or the Python Box2D binding.
I think the latest version of Tilt has the glitch. It's on tesselode.110mb.com somewhere when it comes back up.
LuaWeaver
Party member

Post by LuaWeaver »

I don't know you, but I definitly think you should. LOVE is a great program, even if I can't quite get the code yet. At least I have syntax :D. Anyways :P you should come back, just try and use it without physics.
"your actions cause me to infer your ego is the size of three houses" -finley
pekka
Party member

Post by pekka »

Tesselode wrote:
pekka wrote: Did you ever release any code with the glitch? I'd take a look at it and see if I can reproduce it using C++ or the Python Box2D binding.
I think the latest version of Tilt has the glitch. It's on tesselode.110mb.com somewhere when it comes back up.
I tried the latest source version I found on the page, but it would not start any levels. It crashed with an error message when I chose any level in the level selection menu.

I guess I won't be looking at that glitch any time soon. Sorry.
Tesselode
Party member

Post by Tesselode »

pekka wrote:
Tesselode wrote:
I tried the latest source version I found on the page, but it would not start any levels. It crashed with an error message when I chose any level in the level selection menu.

I guess I won't be looking at that glitch any time soon. Sorry.
Try the executable version, then.