Puzzle

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
kubster
Prole

Puzzle

Post by kubster »

Just started with Love2D and Lua and I'm Loving it :)

Sharing some playable code in around 100 lines
https://github.com/kubber/luapuzzle
pgimeno
Party member

Re: Puzzle

Post by pgimeno »

Very cool! Hooking despite the simplicity, partly thanks to the polish (loved the music).

It becomes unfair on the third stage, though. It's nearly impossible to determine the orientation of certain squares. I solved it by comparing with the original image, and even then, I needed gimp. The tiles that were wrongly rotated looked perfectly correct; the chaotic nature of these areas made them look right in more than one position. I imagine it's difficult to find pictures that make it solvable.

There's also a problem: when the third level is solved, the game behaves strangely. I imagine there are just three levels, so that should be the end of the game. But it still says "Level 3 solved; it becomes more difficult later" or something along these lines, the same it says between levels. Then the intro screen appears (with a static image, rather than a video), asking me to click. When I click, the elephant appears again, rather than the tiger, and in a solved state. I have to click a tile 4 times for the game to declare it solved and move on (to level 2).

Finally, a suggestion: could it be done so that the RMB rotates clockwise, and the LMB rotates counter-clockwise?
kubster
Prole

Re: Puzzle

Post by kubster »

Wow! I didn't really expect anybody solves the third level :) Congrats and sorry :)
It's more like an experiment not a real game, just my first experience with Lua and Love2d.

You're completely right it's unfair with the amount and sizes of puzzles, initially I was even thinking to just double the amount on every level and make it endless experience, but it quickly became impossible to solve, so I've decided just to hardcode few levels.

Thanks for checking it out!