Löve Paint

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
[N]code81
Prole

Löve Paint

Post by [N]code81 »

Hi, this is my first time posting here :awesome:

This is a very simple painting program where you can draw anything you want the only limitation is that this program
don't have an eraser :crazy:

Here is a simple draw that i made using my program:
Attachments
Löve Paint.zip
(3 MiB) Downloaded 321 times
Löve Paint.rar
Sorry!, i don't know how to make it an executable file
(2.59 MiB) Downloaded 213 times
Image.png
Image.png (19 KiB) Viewed 6717 times
Baggef
Prole

Re: Löve Paint

Post by Baggef »

Very cool! Only things that are of issue is the spacing on the brush is too large, it turns into dots when you move too fast. This is most likely because love is a game engine where it is updated every x seconds and not every time the mouse is moved, like other art programs. The only way I can think of fixing this is just drawing a straight line between the two points.

I would change the way the reset button works, which I have done in my exe. Instead of resetting the application, it should just clears all paint strokes made, as restarting the program is unneeded.

Another thing is that people usually share their creations in a .love file. This can be made by selecting all assets in your project folder, adding them to a zip, and renaming the zip file extension from .zip to .love. Of course this will have them use their version of love to open it, so make sure your project uses the latest version if you choose this route.

I have also turned the project into an exe, and you can add an icon via this method https://youtu.be/WTk_HJdXVNQ

Hope to see you continue with this, like adding brush size, undo/redo, changing the background color, and an eraser :D
Attachments
LovePaint.zip
(2.85 MiB) Downloaded 236 times
gaeem defelpmint is maiy pashin
Itch: Freakman
[N]code81
Prole

Post by [N]code81 »

Baggef wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:06 pm Very cool! Only things that are of issue is the spacing on the brush is too large, it turns into dots when you move too fast. This is most likely because love is a game engine where it is updated every x seconds and not every time the mouse is moved, like other art programs. The only way I can think of fixing this is just drawing a straight line between the two points.

I would change the way the reset button works, which I have done in my exe. Instead of resetting the application, it should just clears all paint strokes made, as restarting the program is unneeded.

Another thing is that people usually share their creations in a .love file. This can be made by selecting all assets in your project folder, adding them to a zip, and renaming the zip file extension from .zip to .love. Of course this will have them use their version of love to open it, so make sure your project uses the latest version if you choose this route.

I have also turned the project into an exe, and you can add an icon via this method https://youtu.be/WTk_HJdXVNQ

Hope to see you continue with this, like adding brush size, undo/redo, changing the background color, and an eraser :D
Thanks for the tips and for feedbacking my program!
My lua knowledge is very basic, and, what i did is, just using table.insert(), so these issues will be very difficult to solve
( Sry bad eng )
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

Disabling vsync can make input more responsive, and in turn, allow the project to handle even fast mouse movement... that said, that's only a hint and may not be honored in some cases apparently... a downside would be that all other logic and draw code will also be executed just as fast, so unless you're artificially restricting those to a slower rate (which can be done through some minor code), it might try to overexert your graphics card... in a way; sorry, it's late and i can't english good either :P
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

zorg wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:18 am Disabling vsync can make input more responsive, and in turn, allow the project to handle even fast mouse movement...
I don't think OSes poll the mouse faster than once per frame.
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

pgimeno wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:32 am
zorg wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:18 am Disabling vsync can make input more responsive, and in turn, allow the project to handle even fast mouse movement...
I don't think OSes poll the mouse faster than once per frame.
That's a good point, i wasn't sure myself, hence the suggestion :awesome:
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.