Hello! I've been working in LÖVE for a long time, but I've released so few projects. The other ones were either not as good as I expected, or I lost motivation to work on them. Here I'd like to occasionally post some of these unreleased projects. Perhaps you can learn from them or be inspired. (Or maybe you will understand why they weren't released before )
If you are motivated, please post your own unfinished projects! We can all learn together!
Created by Ikroth and Nuthen
Worked on from April 2014 - July 2014
Things I like about it:
- The node generation in the overworld
- The frame border around different things
- The nice pieces of art
- Fun combat - The animations and effects keep it engaging
- Animation on the battle victory screen
Things I don't like about it:
- Inconsistent art. Most of the art was found online.
- Boring overworld. You spend a lot of time on it, but it's just a few boring colors and flat surfaces.
- Too many underdeveloped systems (event, item, dialogue). I tried to make everything as extensive as possible, but I was too overambitious for what I was able to do at the time.
What I can learn from it:
- Focus on one thing at a time.
- Don't worry about having every feature. Do a few features well.
Warning, the code is messy, and many things don't work. Today I would code it much differently. It is very playable though!
Things to know when you play:
- It's designed to work without a mouse. All of the navigation is done with arrow keys and enter/x to select.
- The goal of each area is to reach the purple node. That takes you to the next area.
- The blue nodes are towns.
- When walking onto a red node, there is a chance to enter battle with 1-3 enemies
Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests