Scary Monsters

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Ryne
Party member

Re: Scary Monsters

Post by Ryne »

bartbes wrote:Of course you could also release a few of those designs to us, maybe someone wants to pick it up. Looks like plenty of people want to pick this one up, for instance.
Again, I wouldn't want to release my artwork to something that won't be finished, nor do I relish the thought of it being spread around the net like some free clipart where It would appear in a dozen projects.

Also, I can't guarantee that I won't use it myself in the future, in a non-game related project.

One thing I may do however, is start generating artwork to serve as a good placeholder for the members of this community to use, creating mock artwork for different types of games like RTS, RPG, etc. At least it'l feed my design craving and give you guys something to use that doesn't look like trash.
@rynesaur
Ryne
Party member

Post by Ryne »

So, for anyone interested (which is probably not a lot) I'll be continuing this on my own for now. As my programming skills are awful at best be sure to see some really stupid questions being asked in the support forum. Will continue to update this thread!
@rynesaur
Taehl
Dreaming in associative arrays

Post by Taehl »

Great! I'd be happy to answer all sorts of questions if it means getting to see this game get finished.
Earliest Love2D supporter who can't Love anymore. Let me disable pixel shaders if I don't use them, dammit!
Lenovo Thinkpad X60 Tablet, built like a tank. But not fancy enough for Love2D 0.10.0+.
SoggyWaffles
Citizen

Post by SoggyWaffles »

Awesome. I'm glad you decided to get back in the saddle on this one.
"Beneath the clouds lives the Earth-Mother from whom is derived the Water of Life, who at her bosom feeds plants, animals and men." ~Larousse
TechnoCat
Inner party member

Post by TechnoCat »

I'm pretty sure all of us are eager to help you. We all love your art and would like to see it in a finished product.
trosh
Prole

Post by trosh »

I'd be glad to help too ^^ I really enjoy your use of colors and would (as everyone around here I think) test a demo
Your game pushed me to do the simple "3dmap" game I just posted, and I think that's thanks to the clarity in your graphics, so I really hope you do something with this. good luck !
Ryne
Party member

Post by Ryne »

Haha, thanks guys! Winter sucks and it seems like I might have more free time than I thought, so as long as my million questions don't bother anyone then I'll definitely get something done.
@rynesaur
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Great, then! :)
Help us help you: attach a .love.
clickrush
Citizen

Post by clickrush »

I just checked this out and want to say, that I appreciate your idea of making a relaxing exploration game and I like the pictures I saw. When skimming through your examples I immediatly thought of this article: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/1524/ because I would find it very interesting how you would apply this theory on a game like you are describing. have fun with your project I'am looking forward to see your progress!
Sry about my english.
Ryne
Party member

Post by Ryne »

Thanks for the replies guys. Right now I've got this:
  • -Land generates across the map
    -Maps can be created really easily by creating small areas then placing them into the map (thanks Robin)
    -Objects like houses and structures can also be placed into the map (super-ugly but seems to work)
gonna work on some more stuff, I know right away I'll need a major bit of help with collision, and a proper camera so be prepared for that guys.

thanks again!
@rynesaur