A game about growing plants (beta 6 released!)

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.

Beta 5: What should be worked on now?

Polish the 'Perfect Plant' mode
58%
Add an options menu
33%
Improve graphics and sound
8%
Something else (please explain)
No votes

Total votes: 12

Taehl
Dreaming in associative arrays

Re: A game about growing plants (beta 5 released)

Post by Taehl »

Not really. To be honest, I have no idea what most needs working on. Ensayia and I can't seem to get any feedback on it.
Earliest Love2D supporter who can't Love anymore. Let me disable pixel shaders if I don't use them, dammit!
Lenovo Thinkpad X60 Tablet, built like a tank. But not fancy enough for Love2D 0.10.0+.
kikito
Inner party member

Post by kikito »

Taehl wrote:Not really. To be honest, I have no idea what most needs working on. Ensayia and I can't seem to get any feedback on it.
Oh. You mean improvements on existing functionality, or new features? I've found that opening a poll helps a lot on deciding what do do next. The simple act of writing down the different poll options is usually helpful by itself.
When I write def I mean function.
Taehl

Post by Taehl »

Good idea. Added.
Earliest Love2D supporter who can't Love anymore. Let me disable pixel shaders if I don't use them, dammit!
Lenovo Thinkpad X60 Tablet, built like a tank. But not fancy enough for Love2D 0.10.0+.
Buddy4point0
Prole

Post by Buddy4point0 »

In perfect plant mode, it would be nice to have a constant update on how you're doing instead of not being able to tell until you're done.
Maybe even a preview of what you're supposed to be making that stays up all the time. (plant in a glass box or something)
╚»ßuddy4point0 ■
Roybie
Prole

Post by Roybie »

This is so nice!
ishkabible
Party member

Post by ishkabible »

i think it needs a story mode of some kind, add upgrades and stuff, like a place to buy seeds from or something to make new plants with, or allow us to buy fertilizer or somthing
Taehl

Post by Taehl »

I was planning on putting the story in the Perfect Plant mode. It would be told by the messages you get at the beginning and end of each level. Simple, but there's nothing wrong with that.
ishkabible
Party member

Post by ishkabible »

sounds grate, i still think there should be upgrades
EMB
Citizen

Post by EMB »

I think it just needs some better sounds, personally.
HATE them at the moment.
Request Programs
If Linux were a beer, it would be shipped in open barrels so that anybody could piss in it before delivery
Taehl

Post by Taehl »

I'll release a new version as soon as Ensayia makes the options screen (hopefully later today). It features:

- Added options screen (not too many are available at the moment, but it does include two which will boost performance)
- Options are saved between sessions (it will, for example, remember if you were running the game fullscreen or not)
- Improved background scenery
- New button graphics (much better)
- Added level-select screen to Perfect Plant mode
- Added a progress bar to Perfect Plant, showing how close you are to the goal plant
- New Perfect Plant levels (with specific plants - no more randomly getting crappy plants)
- The usual minor improvements

EDIT) Bah, he says he'll do it tomorrow. Guess you'll get the new beta then. In the meantime, I've also added:
- High-scores and genes are saved for every Perfect Plant level (though I don't know what I want to do with the genes, yet)
- Redid Perfect Plant stage flow (no more Z and Space needed)

EDIT2) Still waiting on him.
- Replaced sounds for menu, plant creation, and plant removal with multiple, much better (hopefully) ones
- Fixed minor bugs with multi-goal Perfect Plant levels