trAInsported

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
asfreng
Prole

Re: trAInsported: Alpha testers needed

Post by asfreng »

Yes, i encoded it in UTF-8 wo BOM and it worked, for testing u can replace English.lua for your file.

One thing, in the main screen the "Settings" button seems to be static, i cant change it xD
"Cancel" button while exiting match seems to be static too, can u check it please?

There is mistakes in the "English.lua" file too:

LNG.menu_choose_dimension = [[Width and Height:]]
LNG.menu_choose_dimension_tooltip1 = [[Select width]]
LNG.menu_choose_dimension_tooltip2 = [[Select height]]

is dimensions, not dimension:

LNG.menu_choose_dimensions = [[Width and Height:]]
LNG.menu_choose_dimensions_tooltip1 = [[Select width]]
LNG.menu_choose_dimensions_tooltip2 = [[Select height]]

and in this line:

LNG_menu_choose_region = [[Region:]]

is

LNG.menu_choose_region = [[Region:]]
Germanunkol
Party member

Post by Germanunkol »

Fixed all the things you mentioned. Thanks a lot for the detailed research! I fixed most of the things in the German version, but forgot to go back and fix them in the english one...
I'm very sorry, I became a little tired and sloppy towards the end... translating can be quite boring work.
trAInsported - Write AI to control your trains
Bandana (Dev blog) - Platformer featuring an awesome little ninja by Micha and me
GridCars - Our jam entry for LD31
Germanunkol.de
asfreng
Prole

Post by asfreng »

Where can i send the file?, im sending the Spanish.lua now, ill try to traslante the tutorials in my free time =P.
Germanunkol
Party member

Post by Germanunkol »

PM'ed you my Email. Thanks for the fast work!!
Bandana (Dev blog) - Platformer featuring an awesome little ninja by Micha and me
Germanunkol.de
AnToHu0
Prole

Post by AnToHu0 »

Russian translate is ready(excluding tutorials by now). Can you send an e-mail address to me too? Also check the Issues on github, I leave some comments in transtation topic and start one.
Last edited by AnToHu0 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
AnToHu0
Prole

Post by AnToHu0 »

I have an idea again :)
What if each author and AI on server would have a little description? For example some user can have a description like "%username% TrAIns corporation was founded at %time%. Director of %corpName% always says: "Slogan of our company is "We do our best!"..." etc. And AI description may contains something like "The %AIname% is an advanced development of our company. It realizes newest ideas of pathfindig and train management. You have never experienced such comfort in transportation yet!" This description will appears in AI and author pages in main website.
It is just decoration, but in my opinion it makes game more atmospheric.
Germanunkol
Party member

Post by Germanunkol »

That's a great Idea!
I am still thinking of ways about how to make the server/website nicer, and that idea would fit very well with it.

I'll see where I get, I'm pretty busy in the next few days...
Germanunkol.de
Woboroz
Prole

Post by Woboroz »

Hi,
i found this thread searching for an issue my AI didn't work. The problem is the setmetatable function (once more :)). As i understand, the security problem is about manipulating existing metatables. In most samples about lua and metatables i found it used to enhance new tables. So it may be an solution for most cases to allow the setmetatable function for tables without an existing one.

Code: Select all

sb.setmetatable = function( argElement, argMetatable )
	local varOldMetatable = getmetatable( argElement )
	if varOldMetatable ~= nil then
		error( 'manipulating metatables is not allowed in this sandbox' )
	end
	setmetatable( argElement, argMetatable )
end
The metatable returned by getmetatable may be readonly.

Code: Select all

sb.getmetatable = function( argElement )
	local varMetatable = sysgetmetatable( argElement )
	if varMetatable == nil then return nil end
	return syssetmetatable( {}, {
		__index = varMetatable,
		__newindex = function( argMT, argKey, argValue ) error( 'modify metatable is denied' ) end,
		__metatable = false
	} );
end
But this didn't fix all the problems. Existing meta methods may be overwritten. I don't need the get method so maybe other solution will work without it too :D. The ability to use setmetatable for own tables (to use it as classes) would be a big enhancement at all.

bye Majo
I would love to change the world, but they won’t give me the source code.
Germanunkol
Party member

Post by Germanunkol »

Hey, just letting you know that I read the post and I'm not ignoring it. I'm just quite busy at the moment and I don't know much about metatables in sandboxes yet, so I need more time to look into the subject than I have right now...

I will probably discuss this topic with some people on the Lua irc channels some day... There's a few of them who have quite a lot of experience with sandboxes.
Germanunkol.de
Punkroku
Prole

Post by Punkroku »

Is this past alpha yet!! What I played yesterday was amazing. I think this should win an award. Its a great educational tool teaching the basics of lua.

i like you way you are training people with you train sim. I want to check out the online play sometime with my own ai script.

good job,
I especially like all the work you put into the tutorials. One thing I didn't like was how my tutorials got erased when I tried them again...

I played a game called laby for linux and its about an ant and you have to write commands to move it around. This is way better. It should be part of a class or on school computers like Oregon Trail was back we I was a kid.