love-android-sdl2 (native, 0.9.2)

A project to port LÖVE to Android handhelds
Davidobot
Party member

Re: love-android-sdl2 (native, 0.9.0)

Post by Davidobot »

Does this only work on the main Phone Storage, I can't seem to get it to work from Card.
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster
Ranguna259
Party member

Post by Ranguna259 »

Yep documentation would be good but this is still experimental and I'm guessing that some functions might be changed once fysx ports slimes touch API to this port so we'll just have to wait a little bit to write some docs on this.
LoveDebug- A library that will help you debug your game with an on-screen fully interactive lua console, you can even do code hotswapping :D

Check out my twitter.
Enigma
Prole

Post by Enigma »

Ranguna259 wrote:Yep documentation would be good but this is still experimental and I'm guessing that some functions might be changed once fysx ports slimes touch API to this port so we'll just have to wait a little bit to write some docs on this.
Yea I get that but how are we suppose to experiment with it when we don't know what functions we can use? Just saying it would be nice.
Ranguna259
Party member

Post by Ranguna259 »

Hmmm... I found these functions somewhere I don't remember.
Basicly

Code: Select all

love.fingerpressed(x,y,b)
love.fingerreleased(x,y,b)
love.fingermotion(x,y,b)
Those are callbacks, dunno what fingermotion does and I don't know what 'b' is either (maybe multitouch ?), fysx could you shed some light onto us here ?
LoveDebug- A library that will help you debug your game with an on-screen fully interactive lua console, you can even do code hotswapping :D

Check out my twitter.
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

also if someone want's to know:

linux._os returns "Linux"
Ranguna259
Party member

Post by Ranguna259 »

Yeah I've already posted an issue on the bitbucket's repo about this, so let's patiently wait :megagrin:

About key outputs: the Menu/Settings key returns "Menu", the return/back key returns "escape", I still don't know what the search key return because I don't have any phone with a search key, as soon as I get one I'll test it.

Check out my twitter.
fysx
Citizen

Post by fysx »

Davidobot wrote:Does this only work on the main Phone Storage, I can't seem to get it to work from Card.
When writing files everything is written into the internal storage (see http://developer.android.com/guide/topi ... orage.html for details). I plan to add a config value which let's you specify whether your writable directory should be the internal or external storage. Note internal and external storage have nothing to do with sd-cards. It's just whether the directory can be accessed from other apps such as file managers, etc. Also it does not have anything todo where your app is being installed.
Ranguna259 wrote:

Code: Select all

love.fingerpressed(x,y,b)
love.fingerreleased(x,y,b)
love.fingermotion(x,y,b)
Those are callbacks, dunno what fingermotion does and I don't know what 'b' is either (maybe multitouch ?), fysx could you shed some light onto us here ?
Yes, b is the actual "finger".
Bird thing: @fysxdotorg Blog thing: fysx.org
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

This is the best thing in the entire universe.
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

fysx wrote:Yes, b is the actual "finger".
When are you going to replace that with the love.touch stuff? :)

[also, for anyone using current or future touch APIs, the touch/finger ID is only valid/unique for the duration of the touch press.]
Ranguna259
Party member

Post by Ranguna259 »

slime wrote:
fysx wrote:Yes, b is the actual "finger".
When are you going to replace that with the love.touch stuff? :)

[also, for anyone using current or future touch APIs, the touch/finger ID is only valid/unique for the duration of the touch press.]
What's the ID variable type ? Number ? If so the function wont rearrange the IDs if a finger stops touching the screen, right (if I touch the screen with two fingers and lift the first finger the ID of the second one will still be "2" or will it change to "1", I just realy need to be sure :P ) ?

Check out my twitter.